The Lake District has always been one one of the most popular UK holiday destinations. Even before COVID travel restrictions, tourists have long visited the area for its natural beauty views, walking routes, picturesque villages, and literature history.
All these factors make the Lake District the perfect honeymoon destination, with many drawn in by the sense of history. Enjoy your Lake District honeymoon by choosing to stay amongst beautiful scenery, surrounded by the romanticism of the famous writers and poets who lived in the area all those years ago.
But where are the best places to stay, eat, and see to make your Lake District honeymoon extra special?
Honeymoon Hotels In The Lake District
You will want to spend a lot of your Lake District honeymoon cosied up together in the warm, so choosing the right accommodation is imperative to your experience. When honeymooning, you deserve the very best hotel to stay in, relax, and enjoy your getaway. There are lots of luxurious places to stay in the Lake District that cater to any budget.
Here are 10 of the most popular hotels in the area for newlyweds:
- Lakes Hotel and Spa, Bowness-On-Windermere
- Beech Hill Hotel and Spa, Windermere
- Grange Hotel, Grange Over Sands
- Ravenstone Manor Hotel, Keswick
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa, Grasmere
- The Keswick Country House Hotel, Keswick
- Low Wood Bay Resort and Spa, Windermere
- Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater
- Glen Rothay Hotel, Ambleside
- Storrs Hall, Bowness-On-Windermere
Dog Friendly Hotels In The Lake District
The Lake District is known for being dog-friendly, with great walking routes, restaurants, shops, and hotels. So if your four-legged friends are joining you on your honeymoon (after all, they are part of the family!), you won’t be disappointed.
We have found the perfect hotels for your dog friendly Lake District honeymoon:
- Lodore Falls Hotel and Spa, Keswick
- Inn On The Lake, Ullswater
- Inn On The Square, Keswick
- Borrowdale Hotel, Borrowdale
- Skiddaw Hotel, Keswick
Things To Do In The Lake District
When you aren’t cuddled up in your accommodation, you will want to spend the rest of your Lake District honeymoon exploring the area. With stunning views and masses of lakes, walking routes and guided tours to take advantage of, there’s literally something for every newlywed couple to take part in.
For the most romantic and breath taking views, try:
- Climb Helvellyn
- Stroll the Catbells Lakeland Walk
- Visit the local pubs and shops around Lake Windermere
- Visit the Aira Force Waterfall
- Take a tour around Levens Hall
- Visit the World of Beatrix Potter attraction
- Take a tour around Sizergh Castle
- Take a guided walk around the Lake District National Park
- Visit Lowther Castle and Gardens
- Walk the Old Man of Coniston
Places To Eat In The Lake District
The Lake District boasts some of the best Michelin Star restaurants in the UK, so you won’t be stuck for amazing dining experiences during your Lake District honeymoon. While the prices can be slightly high, they are perfect for that once in a lifetime dining experience.
However, there are also plenty of less expensive restaurants that boast incredible food in beautiful settings.
- Fresher’s Cafe, Ambleside
- The Old Stamp House Restaurant, Ambleside – Michelin Star
- Thai Kitchen, Kendal
- Kysty Ambleside, Ambleside – Michelin Star
- Base Restaurant, Ulverston
- Steam Bistro, Coniston
- The Grasmere Hotel Restaurant, Grasmere
- Yard 46 Cafe, Kendal – Dog Friendly
- BLOCKS Steakhouse, Cockermouth
- Grants of CastleGate Bistro and Bar, Penrith
Why Honeymoon In The Lake District?
The Lake District is stunningly beautiful, breathtakingly natural, and steeped in history. As such it is one of the most popular places in the UK for tourists and honeymooners from all over the world. But despite its popularity, it hasn’t lost any of its magic and you are guaranteed to still experience the peace and quiet of the lakes.