Receiving gifts is one of the most exciting parts of a wedding celebration. A bridal or wedding registry is a list of gifts that the groom and bride-to-be have selected in advance.
Many couples opt for a wedding registry because it ensures that they get their “wish list” granted. At the same time, guests won’t have a hard time shopping for gifts or thinking about what to buy.
Check out these fun and out-of-the-ordinary gift ideas that you can add to your wedding registry.
When you get married and start to share a home, one of the many chores you’ll do for each other is cooking.
That’s why some of the most popular wedding registry items are kitchen must-haves.
Here are some great items you can add to your list:
- Air Fryer – a healthier alternative to deep-frying, using an air fryer saves you from the grease while retaining the crunchy texture of your favorite fried dish.
- Bar Cart – this makes date nights and weekend chillin’ at home a lot of fun. By the way, a bar cart works not just in the kitchen but also in the living room and bedroom. You can even take it outdoors.
- Wine Rack – if you love collecting wine and liquor, this is a great addition to your kitchen.
- Placemats/Coasters – make each mealtime extra special with artisan placemats that match the design of your dining room.
- Personalized Whiskey Glasses & Decanters – another item perfect for date nights
- Personalized flasks – you can have your names printed on the flask for a personal touch.
- Meal subscription plan – Whether you’re too busy, lack cooking skills, or trying to focus on eating healthy, a meal subscription plan is always a good idea.
Choose registry items that you’d want to have at home but you don’t want to prioritize buying, such as:
- Cushion covers – keep the allergy at bay by changing cushion covers frequently. It’s also an inexpensive way to update the look of your living room.
- Table lamps – working from home? You definitely need this.
- Floor lamps – here’s another beautiful and functional addition to your home.
- Décor – there’s a plethora of home decor out there. Choose something that reflects your style and matches the look of your home.
Travel gifts are exciting because you know that new experiences together are far more valuable than your expensive kitchenware.
- Travel Gift Card – A travel gift card can be used to get discounts from hotels, popular travel destinations, shopping centres, etc.
- Suitcase Set – You’ll probably be traveling for your honeymoon so a suitcase set is very timely.
If you both love exploring the great outdoors, gifts that you can use for your camping trips are excellent picks.
- Hammock – make those summer camps a lot more comfortable with a hammock. You can use it to rest in between hiking sessions or when you’re just chillin’ at night and gazing up at the stars.
- Hiking/camping gear – pick items that you don’t have yet. Or maybe you need a brand new outdoor cooking stove?
- A swiss backpack – a new bag for your next outdoor adventure is always nice to have.
After the stressful wedding planning, you deserve to splurge in some self-care and pampering activities. Yes, you can add the following items to your registry:
- Spa Treatment – Gift cards or vouchers (or reservations) at your favorite spa
- Workout Classes – start your marriage with healthy routines. A gym subscription is one way to motivate yourself to commit to a healthier lifestyle.
- Board games – a few board games will make those weekends at home more fun.
- A few months on Movie Pass – A few months supply of movie tickets might be all you need to survive the first few months of post-wedding blues.
Other ideas (misc.)
Some other items that are worth adding to your wedding registry list include:
- Language class – being multilingual does have so many benefits, especially if you travel a lot or you plan to work abroad.
- A coffee table book – we all need one in our homes.
- Wine subscription – take your love for wine to the next level by letting one of your beloved guests give you a wine subscription as a gift.
- RFID wallet – a super helpful travel item. This wallet can help protect your credit cards against skimming.
- A little something for pets – if you have pets, you may include something for them. After all, they’re family too!
- Suspenders for men – you’ll be attending more formal events (like a friend’s wedding) soon so it pays to have the needed accessories in your wardrobe.
- Tie bars – A tie bar is a simple and time-tested way to stand out from the herd.
Your wedding registry doesn’t have to be the same as with anybody else. You can always choose some of the most unique items that you’ve always wanted but wouldn’t buy for yourself.
Hope these ideas can help you pull off a wedding registry that you’ll be happy about.