Receiving gifts is one of the most exciting parts of a wedding celebration. For some couples, this is how they furnish their first home together and so can be a really special moment in their lives. A bridal or wedding registry is a list of gifts that the groom and bride-to-be have selected in advance.
Many couples opt for a wedding registry because it ensures that they get their gift “wish list” granted. At the same time, guests won’t have a hard time shopping for gifts or thinking about what to buy.
You can either choose to create a specific registry, ensuring to add gift options at all price points, or you can make specific requests from certain people and allow others to choose for you. It’s up to you!
If you need some wedding registry inspiration, look no further. Check out these fun and out-of-the-ordinary gift ideas that you can add to your wedding registry.
When you get married and start to share a home, one of the many things you will begin to enjoy doing together is cooking. Cooking elaborate meals, experimenting with baking, and beginning to host dinner parties all require specialist kitchen equipment.
That’s why some of the most popular wedding registry items are kitchen must-haves.
Here are some great items you can add to your list:
- Air Fryer – a healthier alternative to deep-frying, using an air fryer saves you from the grease while retaining the crunchy texture of your favourite fried dish.
- Bar Cart – this makes date nights and weekends chilling at home a lot of fun. It will also up your hosting skills several notches!
- Wine Rack – if you love collecting wine and liquor, this is a great addition to your kitchen.
- Placemats/Coasters – make each mealtime extra special with artisan placemats that match the design of your dining room.
- Personalized Whiskey Glasses & Decanters – another item perfect for date nights.
- Personalized flasks – you can have your names printed on the flask for a personal touch.
- Meal subscription plan – Whether you’re too busy, lack cooking skills, or trying to focus on eating healthy, a meal subscription plan is always a good idea and a really thoughtful gift.
Filling a house with curated, good quality items is an expensive task. Even if you are interior-design minded, it can be hard to budget for all of the things that you need. Choose wedding registry items that you’d want to have in your home but you don’t want to prioritize buying yourself, such as:
- Cushion covers – Surprisingly expensive, but oh what a difference do nice cushions make to a room! Keep allergies at bay by changing cushion covers frequently. It’s also an inexpensive way to update the look of your living room.
- Table lamps – Soft lighting is so romantic, and the right lamps can make or break how you feel when you are in your home. Also, working from home? You definitely need this.
- Floor lamps – As with table lamps, floor lamps can provide the essential lower lighting to transform your home into a comforting oasis. They are another beautiful and functional addition to your home.
- Décor – This is broad, but it really depends on your own tastes. There’s a plethora of home décor out there! From frames, to statues, to artisanal candles, choose something that reflects your style and matches the look of your home.
Travel gifts are exciting because you know that new experiences together are far more hard to come by than your expensive kitchenware. Guests may enjoy helping you pay for a honeymoon, particularly if they know exactly what experiences they are contributing towards.
- Travel Gift Card – A travel gift card can be used to get discounts from hotels, popular travel destinations, shopping centres, etc.
- Suitcase Set – You’ll probably be traveling for your honeymoon so a grown-up suitcase set is very timely.
Your wedding registry certainly doesn’t have to be generic. If you both love exploring the great outdoors, gifts that you can use for your camping trips are excellent picks.
- Hammock – make those summer camping trips a lot more comfortable with a hammock. You can use it to rest in between hiking sessions or when you’re just chilling’ at night and gazing up at the stars. This will also make an excellent addition to your garden for the rest of the year.
- Hiking/camping gear – pick items that you don’t have yet. Or maybe you need a brand new outdoor cooking stove?
- A swiss backpack – a new bag for your next outdoor adventure is always nice to have, particularly one with high quality that can be kept forever.
After the stress of wedding planning, you deserve to splurge on some self-care and pampering activities. Yes, you can add the following items to your wedding registry:
- Spa Treatment – Gift cards or vouchers (or reservations) at your favourite spa
- Workout Classes – start your marriage with healthy routines. A gym subscription is one way to motivate yourself to commit to a healthier lifestyle.
- Board games – a few board games will make those weekends at home more fun.
- A few months on Movie Pass – A few months supply of movie tickets might be all you need to survive the first few months of post-wedding blues.
Some other items that are worth adding to your wedding registry list include:
- Language classes – being multilingual does have so many benefits, especially if you travel a lot or you plan to work abroad. It is also lovely to learn something together as a couple.
- A coffee table book – we all need one in our homes, and they often feel unnecessary to buy for yourself.
- Wine subscription – take your love of wine to the next level by letting one of your beloved guests give you a wine subscription as a gift.
- RFID wallet – a super helpful travel item. This wallet can help protect your credit cards against skimming.
- A little something for pets – if you have pets, you may include something for them. After all, they’re family too!
- Suspenders for men – you’ll be attending more formal events (like a friend’s wedding) soon so it pays to have the needed accessories in your wardrobe.
- Tie bars – A tie bar is a simple and time-tested way to stand out from the herd.
Your wedding registry doesn’t have to be the same as anyone else’s. You can always choose some of the most unique items that you’ve always wanted but wouldn’t buy for yourself.
Hopefully these ideas can help you pull off a wedding registry that you’ll be happy about.